[flocking-users] .set() Error: Invalid type found in ugen definition

Colin Clark colin at colinclark.org
Mon Apr 7 10:21:31 EDT 2014

Hi Jef,

Sorry to hear you’ve been struggling with it. The issue is at least an easy one to fix. Unfortunately, you can’t replace a unit generator with another simply by changing its “ugen” property. You have to specify a full ugenDef object, like this:

synthMap[1].set(“note1”, {
   ugen: “flock.ugen.triOsc”,
   …
});

Your project sounds insanely cool. I’d love to see a video of it in action!

Let me know if there’s anything else I can do to help with it,

Colin