[flocking-users] combining with processingjs? and timing accuracy

enrike altern2 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 12:56:43 EDT 2014

sorry I am kinf of half offline...

this code is very old I just copied and pasted I hope it works fine

(
SynthDef ( "StereoPlayer" , {
	arg outbus=0, buffer=0, amp=1, pan=0, mute=1, start=0, end=1, rate=1,
fps=12, index=0; //, trig=1, resetpos=0;
     	var length, offset, clock, env, sound, left, right, phasor, dur;

	dur = BufFrames.kr(buffer);
     	length = (end - start) * dur; // scale from range 0 - 1 to 0 -
buflength
     	clock = LFPulse.kr(rate.abs / length, 0); // loop
     	length = Latch.kr(length, clock);
     	offset = Latch.kr(start * dur, clock);
     	env = EnvGen.kr( Env .new([0,1,1,0], [0.01, 0.98,0.01]), clock,
timeScale:length /(rate.abs)) * amp * mute;

	phasor = Phasor.ar( 0, rate, start*dur, end*dur);
     	SendTrig .kr( LFPulse.kr(fps, 0), index, phasor/dur); //12 times
per sec playhead. Normalised to 0-1 range
     	#left, right = BufRd.ar( 2, buffer, phasor, 1 ) * env;
     	Out .ar(outbus, Balance2.ar(left, right, pan));
}).load(s)
)

Basically this does the job
SendTrig .kr( LFPulse.kr(fps, 0), index, phasor/dur);

In this case this is a sample player that is looping a buffer. I needed
to display in the graphics a "playhead" that shows where in the buffer
the player was, typically going left to right. This kind of thing

But I was also thinking on other things such as the frequency of a
sinosc controlling the radius of a circle, for instance. That kind of
things, visuals responding to audio units internal states. I am not sure
I am clear I am writing very quickly

thanks!!!!

ig., 2014.eko apiren 13a 18:14(e)an, Colin Clark(e)k idatzi zuen: