[flocking-users] New Getting Started tutorials

Colin Clark colin at colinclark.org
Sat Jan 25 12:40:22 EST 2014

Hi everyone,

I’ve been working on improving the Getting Started documentation for Flocking, hopefully making it easier to first get up and running with Flocking both in the browser and with Node.js.

Here’s the new Getting Started tutorial:

https://github.com/colinbdclark/Flocking/blob/master/docs/getting-started.md

Laurens, I’m interested in hearing your thoughts--is this roughly the kind of documentation you were looking for when you first discovered Flocking?

Here’s the Node.js tutorial:

https://github.com/colinbdclark/Flocking/blob/master/docs/nodejs.md

Both tutorials also describe how to use Flocking with Infusion, which will increasingly be the recommended way to interact with Flocking in order to enable more community sharing/extension/adaptation of instruments in the future.

I’ve updated the build process so that the concatenated and minified versions of Flocking are included in the source tree (so that users won’t have to build it themselves for casual usage), and fixed a bug in the minified version that caused it throw an error.