[flocking-users] WebAudio Nodes

Adam Tindale adamrtindale at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 21:48:36 EDT 2014

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the skeleton. I'm having trouble getting it to behave properly.
Regardless of what I do the gain it has no effect on the audio output.

My first guess was that the scriptnode was still attached to the
destination, so I tried to attach the gainNode to the destination and then
disconnect the scriptNode from connecting directly to the destination.

-----

var as = flock.enviro.shared.audioStrategy;
as.flockingJSNode = as.jsNode; // Better keep a reference around, just in
case it could get garbage collected.

// Create the new gain node and set parameters on it.
var gainNode = as.context.createGainNode();
gainNode.gain.value = .00000001;

// Connect the Flocking jsNode up to it.
as.flockingJSNode.connect(gainNode);

gainNode.connect(as.context.destination);

as.flockingJSNode.disconnect(as.context.destination);

------

This didn't work. It does launch without errors however.

Any advice is appreciated.