[flocking] flocking on windows phones

Colin Clark colin at colinclark.org
Sat Apr 4 18:46:19 EDT 2015

Hi Antonio,

You're right, Flocking doesn't currently run on Windows Phones or Internet Explorer. This is because Microsoft hasn't yet implemented the W3C's Web Audio API in any version of IE.

However, the good news is that it looks like Microsoft is adding support for it in the latest version of IE (or its replacement, Spartan), which will ship with Windows 10. I haven't yet got my hands on a Windows 10 Technical Preview image yet, but I'm hoping to do some testing closer to the release date.

https://status.modern.ie/webaudioapi?term=web%20audio <https://status.modern.ie/webaudioapi?term=web%20audio>

I hope this helps,

Colin