[flocking] Sonifying network traffic

Benny Lichtner bennlich at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 01:25:35 UTC 2015

Hey, flocking community! I thought it might be fun and interesting to use
flocking to sonify some network traffic. To start simply, I'm just trying
to create a series of blips, say, one per http request.

Say I've got a list of 100 or so events with timestamps, and I want to turn
each event into a single blip (all blips can sound the same for
now--probably just some white noise or a sine oscillator with a percussive
envelope). What are some good ways to go about this?

I've scoured the docs, and it feels like what I'm looking for is a way to
generate triggers at arbitrary times. Or do I want to use a polyphonic
synth and use a scheduler to create a separate voice for each event?

Seems like this can't be as hard as I'm making it out to be, but I'm
stumped!

--Benny