[flocking] Sonifying network traffic

Colin Clark colin at colinclark.org
Thu Dec 3 21:15:27 UTC 2015

Hi Benny,

I'm on the road at the moment so a bit slow to send an in-depth response. But in the meantime, take a look at the flock.ugen.sequencer unit generator, which allows you to schedule value changes at particular times. It will be released in the 0.2.0 version of Flocking, but in the meantime you can use the master branch and check out the Playground demo here:

http://flockingjs.org/next/demos/playground/#sequencer <http://flockingjs.org/next/demos/playground/#sequencer>

We're doing some sonification work with Flocking as part of the Floe Project (http://www.floeproject.org/ <http://www.floeproject.org/>).  So while Flocking doesn't currently have much in the way of high-level abstractions for sonifying different types of data, more support will be added in 0.2.0 and future releases.

Colin