[flocking] Changing waveform of top-level ugen

Chris Kahn chris.a.kahn at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 06:51:47 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I just discovered Flocking and am starting out by generating a constant
tone that you can change the waveform of on the fly.

I used this to generate the synth:

var mySynth = flock.synth({
    synthDef: {
        id: 'carrier',
        ugen: 'flock.ugen.sin',
        freq: 220,
    }
});

But I noticed I can't change the waveform with mySynth.set('carrier.ugen',
'flock.ugen.square').

Is there a simple way to change the waveform of the oscillator while
keeping all its other properties the same? Or do I have to embed it deeper
in as an input to another ugen and then completely swap it out? Thanks!

Chris