[flocking-users] How to read in a file and play it?

derek riemer Derek.Riemer at Colorado.EDU
Sat Feb 7 00:06:11 EST 2015

Hi,
I am reading in a file, and trying to play it. When I try to read it in
like so I get this baffling syntax error in firefoxes console.
"""
     SyntaxError: An invalid or illegal string was specified
flocking-all.js
:22152:0
"""
Any idea what would cause this?
I am doing this for my synth. Is this the correct way to read in a file
named zap.wav in ./sounds?
Thanks,
Derek

--code--
synth:flock.synth({
             synthDef:{
                 ugen: "flock.ugen.scope",
                 source: {
                     id: "player",
                     ugen: "flock.ugen.playBuffer",
                     buffer: {
                         id: "toPlay",                    // The sound
file will be loaded into an environment buffer named "toPlay."
                         selector: "sounds/zap.wav"  // The File object
selected by the #fileBrowser input element will be read.
                     },
                     speed: 1.0,
                     loop: 0.0
                 },

             }
         })
--

    Derek Riemer

Department of Computer science Undergrad, proud CILA member, music
lover, avid skier, and much more.

"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed
until it is faced." - James Baldwin

email me at derek.riemer at colorado.edu <mailto:derek.riemer at colorado.edu>
Phone: (303) 906-2194