[flocking-users] flocking 1st step

Colin Clark colin at colinclark.org
Wed Jan 7 21:40:02 EST 2015

Hi again Antonio,

> On Jan 7, 2015, at 6:58 AM, Antonio Della Marina <antonio.dellamarina at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> after going trough the whole archive (the list server seems to be stuck tonight!) I finally got it working.
> I copied the page I found at
> https://github.com/colinbdclark/flocking-getting-started-example/blob/master/sine.html
> and I got the sinewave.
> That's enough for now.
> I just wonder what was wrong with the "Simplest Way"...
> Again thank you

I'm glad to hear you got it working. I just double-checked the steps of the Simplest Way tutorial from scratch and it seemed to work.

I updated the tutorial (and Flocking's API) on Monday in response to some user suggestions, so perhaps the issue you encountered was because you had a slightly older version of the Flocking code and the instructions were too new for it. Sorry about that!

I'm hoping to cut a Flocking 0.1.0 release within the next week or so, which should help to avoid these kinds of versioning problems in the future. I'm also planning to migrate the mailing list to a different provider, so hopefully it won't be so slow in the future.

Thanks again and good luck with your project!