[flocking] sonogram

Adam Tindale adamrtindale at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 13:30:24 UTC 2015

Hi,

There isn't a sonogram builtin but there are a few examples of sonograms
across the web.

Google has a very nice WebGL demo here:

https://chromium.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/samples/audio/visualizer-gl.html

Flocking.js runs in a ScriptProcessorNode of WebAudio. What you would have
to do to wire these two examples together is to get Flocking.js to be in
the audio chain before their analyserNode.

There is a simple and clear example on MDN about this, though the demo
shows a frequency histogram instead of a sonogram:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Web/API/AnalyserNode