[flocking] How to trigger an envelope from JavaScript?

aBe abe at hamoid.com
Thu Apr 14 19:02:29 UTC 2016

Hi! Thanks for answering so quick.

In one sentence, I have no idea what I'm doing :) I'm comfortable with
SuperCollider, but I'm still trying to understand how Flocking works.

I did not know I could play individual sounds, because the Playground
examples I've seen play one synth forever.

Based on your response, I assume I could create (and destroy) synths on
the fly? I thought it would be more efficient to just create one synth,
and then manipulate all the envelope values. But I'm open to try any
approaches.

What I'm trying to do is to create some kind of bird like sounds. The
sounds last about 3 seconds and have 15 envelope points for amplitudes
and frequencies.

ps. I don't have much (Flocking) code to show yet, I've been just trying
to tweak the existing examples before I port the SuperCollider code.

Cheers!