[flocking] More ready-to-go synth examples?

Colin Clark colin at colinclark.org
Sat Jun 4 16:21:17 UTC 2016

Hi Josh,

Flocking has a bunch of random distribution unit generators built in, including exponential, gamma, normal, pareto, triangular, and weibull distributions. There's not much in the way of documentation for them, but if you look at the "defaults" for each one, you can see which inputs they take:

https://github.com/colinbdclark/Flocking/blob/master/src/ugens/random.js

These unit generators use the Sim.js random distributions library (which you can also use directly in your own code, since it ships with Flocking), which are documented here:

http://www.simjs.com/random.html

Hope this helps,

Colin