[flocking] Sample-based Flocking synth?...

Colin Clark colin at colinclark.org
Fri Jul 7 18:15:50 UTC 2017

Hi Tony,

There are a number of examples of how to use buffers in the Flocking Playground:

http://flockingjs.org/next/demos/playground

Depending on what kind of a synth you're designing, there are several unit generators you'll find helpful. The simplest is flock.ugen.playBuffer, which will play back a buffer when it receives a trigger signal:

http://flockingjs.org/next/demos/playground/#playBuffer-trigger

The Flock Drum, which you may have heard of, has some examples of multiple voices implemented using sample playback:

https://github.com/colinbdclark/flock-drum

The Flocking documentation has some reasonably useful information about how to specify and load buffers:

https://github.com/colinbdclark/Flocking/blob/master/docs/buffers/about-buffers.md

Colin