[flocking] setting up flocking with a react aplication

Colin Clark colin at colinclark.org
Mon May 1 14:57:12 UTC 2017

Hi José,

Sounds like it's going to be a cool project!

I don't have enough information to help you with the problem you're experience. Can you provide more details? It appears that you're running the Flocking files through some kind of preprocessor or transpiler? Which one? I don't use React, so you'll have to fill in some missing gaps in my knowledge of their toolset.

Just as background information, the flocking-no-jquery.js file that you seem to be using is intended to be used in the situation where you provide your own instance of jQuery by some other means. If you don't do this, you may want to either use one of the other pre-built files in the dist/ folder or to create your own custom build. jQuery is only used for the view-related components in Flocking, so if you're not using them you can choose a different distribution. In general, you shouldn't have to post-process the build files in any way other than to concatenate them with the rest of your source code.

I hope this helps,

Colin