[flocking] Flocking project

José Ferreira josemcf89 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 22:04:15 UTC 2020

Hi all!

I’ve done an academic project a few years ago using flocking.
Right now I’m building on flocking again and I’d like to go a little bit deep..
Lets say I have something like this:

 this.synth = flock.synth({
    synthDef: {
        ugen: "flock.ugen.sin",
        freq: {
            ugen: "flock.ugen.sequencer",
            durations: this.state.durations,
            values: this.state.values,
            mul: 440,
            loop: 1.0,
                holdLastValue: true
            }
        },
        mul: {
            ugen: "flock.ugen.envGen",
            envelope: {
                levels: [0, 1, 0],
                times: [0.03, 0.2]
            },
            gate: {
                ugen: "flock.ugen.sequencer",
                durations: this.state.durations,
                values: this.state.gate_values,
                loop: 1.0,
                    resetOnNext: true
                }
            }
        }
    }
});
        this.environment.start();

        this.synth.play();

I’d like to go into building some visualization for the sequencer. I’d appreciate some help learning about how to deal with event listeners.. I already inspected the synth object and that gave me reasons to believe such is possible.

Appreciate any help,
Stay safe,
José