[platform-coop-dev-kit] Color scheme

Clark, Colin cclark at ocadu.ca
Tue Apr 9 21:41:41 UTC 2019

Hi Trebor,

We all agree that visual design matters a great deal—that’s why Cheryl and Dana have put so much care and precision into the design, the selection of colours, the photography, and overall visual experience of the site. From my personal perspective, the amazing colours look quite right.

That said, I’m not sure there’s such a thing as a perfect design; we will all have to continue to compromise if we want to get this site designed, implemented, and looking great.

To this end, Cheryl has gone ahead and modified the site’s colour system largely as you’ve described. Although it may seem like a trivial task to a non-designer, changing colours within a system takes time in order to ensure that everything remains balanced, that colours work together both locally and within the overall theme, and that all the many page mockups are updated. With all the back and forth, this has added upwards of a week of extra work to this task than we had assumed. We need to minimize further changes if we want to launch this site as soon as possible.

Thanks again for your feedback and your willingness to work as a team and accept compromises along the way.

Best,

Colin

---
Colin Clark
Lead Software Architect,
Inclusive Design Research Centre, OCAD University
https://inclusivedesign.ca